The most promising and destructive digital component from Industry 4.0 is 3D printing as this technology has the potential to question the existence of traditional manufacturing system. Pin to the plane can be manufactured by 3D printing and in fact, Airbus categorically reported that they want to manufacture the entire jumbo plane only by 3D printing by 2050.
This course will explain 3D printing basics, working principle, various technologies used, current trends, and prospects. Students will get a chance to print their own designed 3D printing objects from their base location to the Future Connect office from Chennai.
- Session 1 - Introduction to 3D printing
- Session 2 - Available 3D printing technologies
- Session 3 -3D Printing equipment
- Session 4 - Select a STL model from online repositories
- Session 5 - Obtain the physical model using services offered by 3D Printing providers
- Session 6 - Check and correct STL file using dedicated software
- Session 7 -3D Printing an object on a low-cost filament deposition based printer
- Session 8 - 3D Printing an object on a low-cost filament deposition based printer – hands on sessions
- Session 9 - 3D CAD modelling software applications
- Session 10 - 3D CAD modelling using A360 Fusion
- Session 11 - Select a STL model from online repositories
- Access STL files repositories such as: Thingiverse, GrabCAD, Pinshape, Yeggi, etc.
- Browse the repositories and download STL file
- Session 12 - Check and correct STL file using dedicated software
- Session 13 – Design with 3D printing in mind
- Session 14 - Future of 3D printing technologies
An active industry professional with 2 decades industry experience from India/overseas. He is collaborating with top companies to implement Industry 4.0 eco system.
Certificate of Completion